[amibroker] Interact with OPENED Excel worksheet, Possible?

Hello folks,

I've been searching for a solution for quite a while and explored all what I could get, now I feel it's time to ask for help after enough homework done with no luck...

To put it simple, I'd like to have AB exchange data back and forth with an OPENED Excel file. Is it all possible?

To illustrate it more, I need a bridge b/w AB and Excel so that AB could exchange data with Excel using Scan/Explore, or even during Backtesting execution. The tricky part here is - I have the Excel worksheet opened, for example, Sheet1 is for AB to dump something there, while Sheet2 has my VBA code. And hopefully I still should be able to interact with Excel while AB "talking" to THIS Excel instance.

Here I tried the following:

1) XLPlugin - It looks like a right solution by moving data thru memory copy between AB/XL. However after spending many days on this direction, I was blocked by things I couldn't fix without its source code. Basically, its sample.xls couldn't execute properly if AA has Periodicity set as any non-Daily value. XLCase() doesn't work if for example I run Scan/Explore on Hourly bars, which seem so strange. My only guess is VB.net changed its RtlMemoryCopy() used by XLPlugin. This function now has different signature from VB6, which may break things somehow.

2) I tried some sample code that uses "Excel.Application" syntax. The problem here is that AB will initiate another copy of Excel, NOT the one I opened with something loaded already. It's OK to create a new sheet, load it with something, save it and close. But I need interaction with my current Excel.

3) Plain text or CSV file from AB to Excel is straightfoward, but it's not capable of doing quick data exchange between AB and Excel.

Can anybody here to enlighten me with some idea or code if you ever faced similar problem and resolved it?

Your input is much appreciated!

P.S. my envrionments

Windows XP and/or Windows 2003 Server Std Edition

Amibroker v5.20

Office Professional Edition 2003

Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable

**** IMPORTANT PLEASE READ ****