RE: [amibroker] Amibroker crash when using edit> image

Title: Amibroker crash when using edit> image

Hello Peter,

The last three days I have had ‘similar’ problems with AB and Vista. Have once or twice seen the “Amibroker for Win 32 etc.” error message also. In my case if I click on the short cut icon I get Ab Properties of target “C:\Program Files\Amibroker\Broker.exe” and start in “C:\Programs Files (x86)\Amibroker” , which I think TJ wrote something about installing AB in Vista make sure its in the 32 bit file not the x86. Not sure if this is a big problem and have not asked support. Would like to install AB 64 but not sure if can. I can make AB crash by clicking on the status window to download IB back data, by starting AB in the 32 bit directory only (start a new Ab install) , or when starting AB get only one chart over and over, no mater how many charts I save. Or try to reduce the number of sheets from say 8 to one or two (going to leave it at 8). This leads me to believe a system registry problem.

What I have done to fix the problem(s) is do a system restore, after the 8th restore I think things are back to normal!

Hope this helps.

JG

Ps. Maybe Win 7 will be nicer to me!