Re: [amibroker] Re: Quotes_Plus Volume Work Around?

Progress update on building the volume indicator for S&P500 Index.

In testing the filter in order to sort the entire database to just the stocks in the S&P500 Index I am using Analysis>Quick Review.  When I add my filter "Symlist" which contains a list of symbols, select a date, and then click on Show I get the OHLC and Volume data for each listed stock symbol for that date.  So now I am back to just trying to get SCAN to work in Automatic Analysis.

To recap:  Everything works when I SCAN "all symbols" and "current symbol" and I get a volume bar chart as expected.  In addition I know that my filter list is correct because I tested it with Quick Review.  However, when I try to run SCAN in Automatic Analysis using my filter list "Symlist" nothing happens.  I am obviously overlooking something but I don't know what it is.  Can someone help me to get SCAN to work with "use filter" in Automatic Analysis?

Mark Hike wrote:

My comments are directed to the way Alan is trying to calculate the composite volume. For the prices of the indexes, depending on how you use it, it may also have survivorship problem.
For example, if you use the index as an input for a trading system to trade its component stocks, you may also want to test those stocks which have been removed from the index. However if you use the index to test corresponding futures/options or ETFs, it would be fine.