[amibroker] Re: Automated Internet Based Stock Scanners

Robert,

I don't know how many symbols are supported.  I remember selecting the exchanges (NYSE, AMEX, and NASDAQ), but I do not remember specifying a symbol list or number of stocks.  I also remember getting way more alerts than I could handle.  I used QuoteTracker at the time and since Trade-Ideas is integrated, I could click on an alert to instantly bring up a chart.  Trade-Ideas is also integrated with several trading platforms like Scottrade, ETrade, RealTick, eSignal, and many others.

Drop an email to Trade-Ideas support (info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx) to find out if there is a max symbol list size.

Regards,

David

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "rhoemke" <robert@xxx> wrote:

> David,
>
> how many stocks can be scanned maximum with trade-ideas?
> I need to scan all US stocks and it's hard to find a service that allows more than 1000.
>
> Regards
> Robert
>
> --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "dbwyatt_1999" dbw451@ wrote:
> >

> > Herman,
> >
> > The best stock scanning service I've used is Trade Ideas
> > (www.trade-ideas.com <http://www.trade-ideas.com> ). All of their scans
> > are pre-defined, so they are not nearly as flexible as AmiBroker.
> > However they recognize some difficult to program chart patterns like
> > consolidation areas, wedges, double tops/bottoms, support and resistance
> > areas, and pullbacks. It's a live intraday scanner that is constantly
> > scanning all the exchanges you specify for the conditions you specify.
> > The alerts are sent in real-time to your computer in a browser or their
> > front-end application.
> >
> > The big advantage that I found is that it does not use much CPU and it's
> > able to scan a much larger universe of stocks than I could on my local
> > PC. The only problem I had was that it would return too many alerts. I
> > had to really narrow the of focus of the scans to limit the alerts. I
> > switched to trading futures about 4 years ago, so I've not used Trade
> > Ideas since then. I can only assume they've improved.
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > David
> >
> > --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Herman <psytek@> wrote:
> > >
> > > Real-Time scanning of a large number of stocks is complicated by the
> > > ticker quota set by the data provider, internet BW, and the limited
> > > processing power most of us must work with.
> > >
> > > I am looking for an Internet based service that will automatically
> > scan
> > > 1000-2000 tickers, in real time, at set intervals (>5 Sec. Intervals).
> > > Not sure how the results would be passed to me... perhaps by email or
> > > be downloaded from a website.
> > >
> > > Is anyone using this idea?
> > >
> > > thanks,
> > > herman