Re: [amibroker] Re: Automated Internet Based Stock Scanners

Thank you, looks interesting.

herman

dbwyatt_1999 wrote:

Herman,

The best stock scanning service I've used is Trade Ideas (www.trade-ideas.com).  All of their scans are pre-defined, so they are not nearly as flexible as AmiBroker.  However they recognize some difficult to program chart patterns like consolidation areas, wedges, double tops/bottoms, support and resistance areas, and pullbacks.  It's a live intraday scanner that is constantly scanning all the exchanges you specify for the conditions you specify.  The alerts are sent in real-time to your computer in a browser or their front-end application.

The big advantage that I found is that it does not use much CPU and it's able to scan a much larger universe of stocks than I could on my local PC.  The only problem I had was that it would return too many alerts.  I had to really narrow the of focus of the scans to limit the alerts.  I switched to trading futures about 4 years ago, so I've not used Trade Ideas since then. I can only assume they've improved.

Regards,

David

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Herman <psytek@xxx> wrote:

> Real-Time scanning of a large number of stocks is complicated by the
> ticker quota set by the data provider, internet BW, and the limited
> processing power most of us must work with.
>
> I am looking for an Internet based service that will automatically scan
> 1000-2000 tickers, in real time, at set intervals (>5 Sec. Intervals).
> Not sure how the results would be passed to me... perhaps by email or to
> be downloaded from a website.
>
> Is anyone using this idea?
>
> thanks,
> herman