[amibroker] Re: Ram Jam after optimization problem

If your optimization resulted in many many rows, then the results table itself will likely be consuming a large amount of memory. If you have the patience, the Export will probably work providing you sit and wait long enough.

Alternatively, you can try opening Tools | Preferences... | Data. Write down your current values for In-memory cache size, max megabytes, number of bars. Then set all these values to something much smaller and commit the changes. If you're lucky that might release any  resources being held for the symbol data.

Another hack might be to try and change databases. Try File | Open Database... and choose the default database (Data). This may cause the symbol data associated with your original database to be released.

Basically, anything that you can do to release resources would be helpful. Though, it may simply be that the size of the results table overwhelms your machine.

I had a similar problem in an application that I wrote. I ended up having to store the results in a database and just have the table page through the database, rather than the table storing all the rows in its own internal model.

Mike

**** IMPORTANT PLEASE READ ****

http://www.amibroker.com/feedback/