[amibroker] Fwd: Baseline Relative Strength

i'm sorry if this is a repetition. i sent this out to the group 12 days back, but hasnt been posted. Appreciate some help here. Thanks.
kazaan

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: furinkazaan <furinkazaan@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: 2009/9/24
Subject: Baseline Relative Strength
To: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi,
I refer to TJ's code for S&C article on relative strength. This querry concerns the "startpoint" in second part on plotting baseline relative strength
http://www.amibroker.com/members/traders/05-2001.html

startpoint = 10; // the start point of comparision will be 10th bar

this gives the relative strength reading from 10th bar from beginning of data. This is not much use in comparing recent performance.
I wish to make the startpoint a user defined field. I wish to provide both the following options:
1> "enter start date: ......" (as in plot relative strength from 03/01/09) and
2> "Look back period:......." (as in plot relative strength for the last 30 trading days).

This is how i try coding the first option. (needless to say, it doesnt work)
MaxGraph = 2; // as many as you wish to use
BaseDate=ParamDate("Relative Performance from:", "18-5-09");
startpoint = BaseDate; //ValueWhen(BaseDate =DateNum(), BarIndex(), 1); // the start point of comparison. if date not specified, default date is used.
// here is a base line
price = Foreign("S&P CNX NIFTY", "C");
baseline = 100 * ( price/ValueWhen( Cum(1) == startpoint, price ) - 1 );
I also try
startpoint = ValueWhen(BaseDate =DateNum(), BarIndex(), 1); // the start point of comparision. if date not specified, default date is used.

I appreciate any advice pointing me to the right conceptual resource, as well as help in coding both options right.

Tx
Kazaan

**** IMPORTANT PLEASE READ ****

http://www.amibroker.com/feedback/