[amibroker] Planning: estimating time to finish programming

I am not a native programmer, but lately it seems that's all I do.  The biggest problem I have is prioritizing projects when I don't know how to estimate how long it will take me to write a program.  Yesterday I worked on one which I thought should only take me an hour to finish.  Six hours later, my brain is fried, I'm cursing at the dog and I still can't get the program to work right.  I finally figured out I didn't capitalize one of my objects (using Rmath).

Another example would be aimlessly searching the Amibroker guide, Knowledge base, User's KB, etc. for a reference I can't find anywhere.  So, then I post a question in this forum, it doesn't get answered so then I have to figure out another way around my first code,etc.etc.

I'm not complaining about not getting answers on the forum or not finding answers in the user's guide--  I have no control over these things.  I am wondering if anybody else can relate to my experiences and how you dealt with the problem.  Specifically how were you able to better estimate how long it would take you to finish a program.

Thanks!

**** IMPORTANT PLEASE READ ****

http://www.amibroker.com/feedback/