[amibroker] AmibrokerU Digest

All -

I had said that I'd post an occasional  digest of the initial contents on AmibrokerU.com  and it will follow.

Over the next few days, I plan to upload an example of the types of utility code and detailed explanations that we intend to eventually provide in a subscriber area.  I thought that I'd chose a request that has shown up in a few posts over the last several weeks.  The idea would be an indicator that just works for newer users, and a programming explanation for experienced AFL writers of a new technique.

Anyway, here's the digest of what is up on AmibrokerU.com -

The Free Library has had the following added -

  • Free Code
    • DateRange ? parameters for the selection of three types of date ranges
    • ColorSchemes ? parameters for various commonly used background color settings
    • BoilerPlate ? AFL and user interface settings for backtest
  • Free Articles
    • Leveraged Funds and ETF's ? explanation of the important differences
    • FullName Search ? an example of the various Web 2.0 presentation options for a search utility
  • Free Presentations
    • Batman ? Amibroker batch utility ? a screen-cam movies about basic Batman operation

The Store has had the following added and available for purchase

  • Amibroker 101
    • 3 FREE sample videos comprising approx. 2 hours ? available to registered users
    • Almost 10 hours of instructional movies available for purchase targeted to new Amibroker users
  • Amibroker 201
    • 4 sample video segments - to assess the course
    • Almost 8 hours of instructional movies related to intermediate topics and the use of Automatic Analysis
  • Trading Systems
    • 4 sample video segments ? to assess the course
    • Dr. Howard Bandy's class ? Design, Testing, and Validation of Trading Systems

On the Research / Survey page, a survey has been opened to solicit preferences for what chaptersfrom Dr. Bandy's first book should be covered in short tutorials.

The Forums have been opened.

Again, thanks for all of the good wishes, and remember, any and all suggestions are welcome.

-- BruceR

**** IMPORTANT PLEASE READ ****

http://www.amibroker.com/feedback/