Re: Re[2]: [amibroker] Is "price on demand only" possible in Amibroker?

Title: Re[2]: [amibroker] Is "price on demand only" possible in Amibroker?

Hello,

Real-time data are generally delivered on demand.

Getting data needs subscription to given symbol, only then you can get current price.
If you call GetRTDataForeign for more than 100 symbols in IB (their limit) it will
subscribe new / unsubscribe old but this is not "immediate" as it takes time (upto few seconds)
for IB/TWS to process subscription/unsubscription request for given symbol.
If you don't want backfills to be triggered automatically, simply
uncheck "Automatic backfill on first data access" check box in the File->Database Settings->Configure
as described here:

Best regards,
Tomasz Janeczko
amibroker.com