[amibroker] Re: Support Issues

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Tomasz Janeczko" <groups@xxx> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> You certainly are better off with well established, huge company like Lehman Brothers or Enron aren't you?
>
> Best regards,
> Tomasz Janeczko
> amibroker.com

I am still running TradeStation 2000i and I selected Amibroker because I have the greatest faith in that this product is mature and stable. This choice was made after several years of evaluating different vendors and products.

It has a number of datafeed options and the way the licensing is implemented allows one to install Amibroker without having to get a new license again. This is the best one can expect in todays changing environment and is a lot more than what others offer.

Specifically:

There is not a weekly "validation" of my license going to some obscure place on the planet with who knows what extra information about my systems. Then if the vendor's server is "unreachable" you are stuck with being unable to trade, errrr.... getting out of that trade that is loosing money hand over fist (been there, done that).

After the WealthLab debacle I do not trust "open source" development either.

Neither did the change of TradeStation from being a software vendor to a broker give me confidence.

Interactive Brokers' charting instills no confidence - a monthly change of the software indicates to me spaghetti coding.

Talking about monthly: I rather pay a once off fee rather than a recurring monthly charge which in turn results into a "monthly reactivation".

About me: Prior to getting involved in trading I was a hardware and software architect and had some high profile assignments (some where very leading edge technology ). Included in this is the futures industry. I like to think that I know what I am talking about if I say that there is none out there that comes close to what Amibroker is delivering, especially at the price being charged.

Tomasz,

Congrats on a superior product. Keep up the good work.

Marinus

**** IMPORTANT PLEASE READ ****

http://www.amibroker.com/feedback/