[amibroker] Re: AmiBroker/Yahoo database file

I am new to AmiBroker, so, please, excuse my stupidity. Am sure this has been discussed a million times, but Yahoo does not search groups properly, so i decided to post my question.

If i get it right, AmiBroker work only with Data Bases. I mean if i want to run a scan trying to find stocks that meet my criteris i gotta have a data base on my computer as opposed to www.stockcharts.com, for example, or TeleChart, that would do the job on their side and then show me the picks.

If this is correct, then i'd like to have as many stocks as possible in my data base. I am talking EOD only, not intra-day.

So, my questions are:

1. how do I come up with the list of stocks i want to pull out say from Yahoo or Interactive Brokers. I am asking cause i did not find a way to tell AmiBroker to gett ALL AVAILABLE tickers.

2. I have an Interactive Brokers account. I'd like to fill the Data Base
with as many symbols as i can EOD. After that has been done, I'd like to update all of them with HOURLY (60 min) data but only for the last 10 days and be doing so at the end of every trading day. The reaswon being i want ot run one DAILY (EOD) based scan and one HOURLY based scan. Both scan run after market close, so no rush. I want to remove hourly data that is older than 10 days, but keep EOD data. How do i accomplish that?

I have a trial AmiBroker version and i want to buy the license if i find a way to accomplish these two scans with IB as the data source.

Thank you much.

**** IMPORTANT PLEASE READ ****

http://www.amibroker.com/feedback/