Re: [amibroker] Re: Problem using Automation with AB 5.28.1

Hello,

No, you completely miss how User Access Control works on Vista. The fact that you are logged as admin on vista means NOTHING.
Admin is normally degraded on vista and has NO rights other than normal user unless it is elevated. On Vista unelevated Admin
account means nothing.
Admin can NOT even create single
file in C:\Program Files\ without elevation, you can not register OLE servers, ActiveX controls, and you can not write to registry
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE.
You really NEED to read about UAC.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User_Account_Control

You are getting prompts because you either did not run FULL (not upgrade) setup of 5.20,
or you are attempting to create files inside C:\Program Files\ write to registry or such.

You must run FULL setup and you MUST NOT write anything outside AmiBroker directory (as installed by FULL 5.20 setup) on the C:
drive,
otherwise you need elevation.

Best regards,
Tomasz Janeczko