Re: [amibroker] Custom Metric - How to calculate R-squared of equity curve?

Hi Ramon --

You do not need custom backtester to get the statistic you want.  Try this code:

///////////////////////

//    EquityRsqr.afl
//
Buy = Month() != Ref( Month(), -1 );
Sell = BarsSince( Buy ) >= 10;

Buy = ExRem( Buy, Sell );
Sell = ExRem( Sell, Buy );

e = Equity();

Refline = Cum( 1 );

rsquared = Correlation( e, Refline, 21 ) ^ 2;

Plot( C, "C", colorBlack, styleCandle );
shape = Buy * shapeUpArrow + Sell * shapeDownArrow;
shapecolor = IIf( Buy, colorGreen, colorRed );
PlotShapes( shape, shapecolor );

Plot( e, "e", colorGreen, styleLine | styleLeftAxisScale );
Plot( Refline, "refline", colorBlue, styleLine | styleOwnScale );

Plot( rsquared, "rSqr", colorRed, styleLine | styleOwnScale );

Thanks,
Howard