[amibroker] Re: 2 instances of AB using same IQFeed Plugin

after some tests I add the following two further steps to have two identical AB sessions without any links between them:

1. change the default database path to ....

2. change the standard include path to C:\Programmi\AB2\Formulas\Include

3. change the formula tree root path to C:\Programmi\AB2\Formulas

otherwise the second session, used for optimization pourpouses, could suffer of changes done in the "main" session.

i.e. could happen that a change done in the CBI.afl file in the include path of the main session could be applied also to the second session that was intended to be "frozen" at the moment you decided to do an optimization

Do you have any suggestion of further steps to be done to separate the two sessions?

I remember that the goal is to have a second session of AB to be used for optimization pourposes "frozen at the T moment" while you can safely continue to develop ideas in the first session not having to think that the second session is running.
After the "freezing moment" no links between the two sessions are desired.

It's not important that changes done is AB2 session will be lost at the next freezing process

PS (not needed): do some coding guru have an idea of a way to change the two above directories paths by some command lines to be added to the batch file?

thanks

Bisto

**** IMPORTANT PLEASE READ ****

http://www.amibroker.com/feedback/