[amibroker] Re: TimeFrames: Is their use flawed?

Hi guys,

I want to be sure that I understood correctly the use of higher timeframes in my backtesting, so here is my question:

TimeFrameSet( -1);//I'm using for backtesting tick data
//I compute below emas for each time frame
TimeFrameSet(  in1Minute);
EMA5_1m= EMA (C,5);
TimeFrameRestore();
TimeFrameSet(  in5Minute);
EMA5_5m= EMA (C,5);
TimeFrameRestore();
TimeFrameSet( 15*60);
EMA5_15m= EMA (C,5);
TimeFrameRestore();

The following will give me the values  for each ema updated for each tick, tick by tick, not waiting for the candle to be completed (1min, 5 min or 15 min)?
TimeFrameExpand( Ref(EMA5_1m,0),in1Minute)
TimeFrameExpand( Ref(EMA5_5m,0),in5Minute)
TimeFrameExpand( Ref(EMA5_15m,0),in15Minute)
I mean, if I have 200 ticks during a 15 minute candle, I get 200 values for  TimeFrameExpand( Ref(EMA5_15m,0),in15Minute)?

while the following will give me the emas values based on complete previous candle (1min candle, 5 min candle and respectively 15 min candle)?
TimeFrameExpand( Ref(EMA5_1m,-1),in1Minute)
TimeFrameExpand( Ref(EMA5_5m,-1),in5Minute)
TimeFrameExpand( Ref(EMA5_15m,-1),in15Minute)

I'm using the same principle as Jorgen for backtesting, but I'm not sure that I'm using correctly. I don't want to use the higher emas as staircases, but rather as "irregular" as Jorgen pointed out that image loaded by him. I don't want to wait for 15 min candle to be completed, but rather to take a decision based on its value at each tick.

Am I right? Or should I read again http://www.amibroker.com/guide/h_timeframe.html ? :-)

Thank you

**** IMPORTANT PLEASE READ ****

http://www.amibroker.com/feedback/