Re: [amibroker] Trading Gold with IB using Amibroker

Hi Michael --

The spot market is over-the-counter.  It is used primarily by suppliers and consumers who expect to make delivery and take delivery.  OTC trades are non-standard in terms of quantity, quality, delivery date, delivery location, method of payment, etc.  There is not a good source for historical data for OTC trades -- the best you will find is non-standard periodic spot market prices.  If you are able to take one side of an OTC gold trade, you are exposed to full counterparty risk (no exchange to act as counterparty to all trades) and you will have great difficulty exiting your position.  Trading any of the four issues you mention is much safer.

Thanks,
Howard