From: Herman <psytek@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [amibroker] Data Feed
To: "fpnetwind" <amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tuesday, July 21, 2009, 1:32 PM

Changing data is always a nice way to test the robustness of a system. While there are differences between various sources of historical data (there always will be) there will be very similar differences between various real-Time data feeds. If your system works with one type, using historical or Real-Time data, and not on another you should analyze why this is so before trading any real money.

Data dependency can often be traced to signals being based on the High or Low price triggers.

best regards,
herman

Tuesday, July 21, 2009, 9:18:20 AM, you wrote:

> I just signed up for IQFEED, but finding my indicator outputs are not
> matching the results from Yahoo feed. RSI is off, candlestick chart is off. Volume is close.

> I know Yahoo truncates two decimal points on Volume and IQFeed doesn't, but
> when I backtest using the same formulas with AmiBroker the results are like
> day and night (Same Settings  for backtesting)

> Is there something I am missing? Or do I need to adjust my trade formulas based on the Data Feed

> Frank

> ------------ --------- --------- ------

> **** IMPORTANT PLEASE READ ****

> SUPPORT {at} amibroker.com