Re: [amibroker] New Laptop Update

Greg --
Its quite simple:
1.  Install 5.20 (full version, not upgrade) on your new laptop.  Its easiest if you install using the same path and folder as on your older computer.

1b. I don't believe you have to register the new version before proceeding to 2. below.

2.  Copy ALL of AmiBroker folder from old computer onto new computer so that it overwrites what you just installed.

3.  Smile.  That's it.

BTW, it is my experience that it is faster to zip all of AmiBroker, then transfer and unzip than to just copy and paste.  Also, using USB2.0 thumb drive is faster than 54Mb WiFi.  And, you've got a backup in the process.

BTW2,  this is how I 'sync' my desktop and laptop.  It's really easier than using any 'sync' program.  And, I've always got a backup on my thumb drive.

-- Keith

Greg wrote:

Guys,
I purchased AB 4.80 a while back and have now updated my laptop, can anyone guide me to best way I can get it onto my new laptop and then register and not lose all the systems I have built up in the program.I still have all the updates I have downloaded from 4.80 to 5.20 incl the beta ones.

Cheers

Greg Croot

**** IMPORTANT PLEASE READ ****

http://www.amibroker.com/feedback/