Re: [amibroker] Ideas, Plans, Feedback Center

Hello,

Thank you for your post. It makes perfect sense to me.

>More seriously, if development plans are made so very far ahead,
>I think it shows great respect for and appreciation of customers when they are told "what AB will never be" (to the extent that is already decided).

Generally there is agreement here. However making decisions in real world is not always as easy.
When I know that in advance that something won't be implemented I will tell you that (see FC "Won't implement" status).

However there are some ideas that are good ones, but not feasible at the moment for implementation because of dozens of reasons
including non technical ones. So some features may be put on hold until technology catches up or for example until market for particular feature
grows to make it economically worthwhile, etc.

> However, many (most) suggestion items in the FC have a blank status.
> What does this mean?
For freshly submitted items (within few days) it may mean that it was not read yet.
For older items it may mean:
a) the suggestion is a duplicated
b) the suggestion is already existing feature
c) it has not yet been decided what to do with this suggestion but the description is OK (not so long "not yet decided" status was added and it is used for such situation for new items)
d) the item is not well described and more info would be needed to decide
e) although suggestion may make sense, there is existing, easy AFL-based, or script based solution that does the same
f) it has been put on hold due to different reasons (see above) - (recently I added "put on hold" status for such cases)

I agree that giving all items non-blank status will give better picture and will work into that direction.

Best regards,
Tomasz Janeczko
amibroker.com