[amibroker] RT Data(IB): Market Open Changes After Refresh

Hi Pete

I am having similar problems when using a 15 second base time via the IB feed.

Like you, I try and enter early in the day so I have everything set up well before open.  However I also find that when a refresh is done, the chart changes.  It hard to say what is the problem but the chart does not visably appear the same as before.  The data appears to be similar but I get different trading signals.

By way of example, I went short the Australian SPI this morning but the market went against me so I got out.  Being out, I temporarily switched databases before returning to look at the SPI again.  Amibroker did a refresh on opening the database and the characteristics of the chart had changed completed.

There was no way on this chart, I would have exited the position at the time I did.  Clearly, the market direction was changing back in my favour based on the indicators used.  End result (as I was not sure of data), I stayed out and lost the possibility to pick up a 40 point move down from my original position.

I am wondering whether the Backfill Length may be impacting on this and whether this can be adjusted within Amibroker or is it locked via IB for these timeframes.

Possibly, someone may be able to enlighten us on this problem.

All the best

Ken