[amibroker] Re: Per Chart Refresh Rates

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Tomasz Janeczko" <groups@xxx> wrote:

> Only on Windows 7 this system-wide GDI lock is removed and only
> there you could see graphic performance scaling
>
> Again, read the entire article:

http://blogs.msdn.com/e7/archive/2009/04/25/engineering-windows-7-for-gr\
aphics-performance.aspx

Very interesting info, IMO.  Thanks for the reference Tomasz.

Will this be directly relevant to a future version of AB?

> Especially figure 4 GDI Concurrency and Scalability
> - as you can see in any pre-Win7 systems, GDI does not scale *at all*
> with adding threads.
>
> I can ensure you that I have actually *timed* many scenarios
> and what I say is based on actual measurement and not on somebody's
"belief".
> That was one of the reasons I did not use GDI+  ("improvement"
suggested by somebody on this list)
> because real-world test revealed that it is 6 times slower than normal
GDI.
> Microsoft admitted that by the way in their recent demonstration on
PDC (prof. dev. conference).

> So, all decisions regarding development of AmiBroker are not based on
beliefs but on
> hard code profiling evidence.

I love it!

It's great to have this level of detailed investigation behind the
platform.  :^)

**** IMPORTANT PLEASE READ ****

http://www.amibroker.com/feedback/