[amibroker] Re: Import Ascii and then update with IB

There are two import methods supported, Import Wizard and Import Ascii. Go to help and search on import. You will see instructions for both.

You use Import Wizard to import csv or text data into Ami. All my data is comma delimited and Ami will import either txt or csv. I don't know about other separators such as tab.

The data has to be in the proper format or you will get errors. The format for daily data has to be:

ticker, date, open, high, low, close, volume, open interest

But the column arrangement does not matter since the wizard allows you to specify the columns.

With intraday the format is the same but you also need time in another column. You also have to set the data base up for the shortest timeframe data you will use. I suggest 1 minute. If your intraday data is shorter the data base can be tick or 5 seconds. But if your data is longer than 1 minute set your database to 1 minute.

Open the import wizard and use it to open your file and see how far off the data is from what is needed. Use Excel if need be. If you have header lines in the data make sure you tell the wizard to Skip those first lines.

Import Ascii is harder to use and I have not used it in years.

Barry

**** IMPORTANT PLEASE READ ****

http://www.amibroker.com/feedback/