Re[2]: [amibroker] Re: Speeding up code ???

Title: Re[2]: [amibroker] Re: Speeding up code ???

fwhiw, you can partition and prioritize RT code, and execute sections of code on a schedule that doesn't conflict with placing trades. This allows you to run code code in RT that would lock up any other way. Using getrtdataforeign() and simple formulas I can scan, in RT, 100 (easy) to 500 (pushing it) tickers in real time, and display the top candidates using a gfx chart. While i can't tell you what happens 'under the hood', it seems to work just fine.

You may also be able to partition code based on BarsRequired and run formulas in a separate panes, each with the minimum number of bars required. Use Static Arrays to share results. Also, many real time trading routines only need a few prices you can keep track of yourself - separate these from the arrays processing pane.

Anyway, we all have to figure out what works for each of us.

herman