[amibroker] Re: My Database is corrupted-Help

Hello Jerry,

One of the situaltions when a problem like the one you described,can happen is when AmiBroker or Amiquote shuts down IMPROPERLY when a Data Import or Data Download is in progress. I have not much of experience with AmiQuote, however in case of AmiBroker it does seem to happen. I will my experience with similar problem below.

In these situations we will see the Ticker files in Window Explorer, and may be tickers in Symbol Tree in AmiBroker; however, the size of files on disk will be around half KB. And data seems to be gone.

One solution to minimize the problem is to have a small number of Symbols loaded at a time. It can be done via Tools > Preferences > data > "In-memory Cache Size". It could have some other repurcusions for other usages,however it does seem to minimize the damage in case of improper shutdown.

The problem gets worse if you update your backup with damaged files. Let's hope Mr. Tomasz Janeczko investigates the problem further and gives some solution. In the meantime we should have backups and take adequate precautions before taking backups.

With Regards.

Sanjiv Bansal

**** IMPORTANT PLEASE READ ****

http://www.amibroker.com/feedback/