Re: [amibroker] Re: Most Used Code

Brian,

I create dynamic string arrays to populate pop up on-chart button
arrays that allow you to select different data (by indicator name) for
data ribbons.  I know that is a mouthful.  It is easy to demonstrate
and hard to explain, but I will give it a try.

If I click on the legend of a signal ribbon, a list pops up to show
all the different indicators that are assigned to display on that
ribbon.  Clicking on one replaces the legend and data to the selected
values.

So, if I have 8 ribbon stripes, but 30 different internal indicators I
want to be able to monitor, I can select a few at a time that relate
to the trading or debugging problem at hand.

I also have parameters in the parameter window that can make each of
these selections, but they are much more cumbersome than just point
and click on the data you want to see.

Internally, I have to create a model of the data I want to display
that is built up in real time based on a modular indicator function
saying that it has data available for a ribbon if it is desired at
this time.  It was a brain teaser to figure out all the edge conditions!

I will be making the code to do this available as soon as I get enough
free time to finish cleaning it up and documenting it.

BR,
Dennis

**** IMPORTANT PLEASE READ ****

http://www.amibroker.com/feedback/