[amibroker] Re: Multiple Buys

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "kathline_80" <kathline_80@xxx> wrote:

> Hi!
>
> Trying to do multiple buys on the same symbol.
>
> In a simple Moving average system;
>
> Buy = Cover = (MA(C,5)) > (MA(C,10);
> Sell = Short = (MA(C,5)) < (MA(C,10);
>
> I want to make an additional buy each bar the MA5 > MA10.

If you want to open multiple positions for one symbol (as opposed to scaling in/out of one position then you need to change the backtester mode.  By default, the backtester will only open one position per symbol.

>From http://www.amibroker.com/guide/h_portfolio.html :

"If you want ALL repeated entry signals to be acted and allow to open multiple, separate positions on the same symbol without scaling in/out effect (so multiple positions on the same symbol open simultaneously appear as separate lines in the backtest report) you need to use backtestRegularRawMulti mode by adding the following line to the code:

SetBacktestMode( backtestRegularRawMulti );
"

Tuzo

**** IMPORTANT PLEASE READ ****

http://www.amibroker.com/feedback/