[amibroker] OT: zboard

A reminder that the zboard is a site with some educational material for non-mathematicians who are interested in applying statistical analysis to trading.

Occasionally new material is added.

The zboard is a (NewAge) ebook without a formal structure of any kind ... even the author doesn't know where it starts and ends .. once written, he can't find all of the pages again....so what chance does anyone else have?

(the occasional updated summary seems to help).

One of the things I am doing, over there, is proselytizing for 'naive maths'.
If you visit the site you will be left in no doubt about what naive maths is!

Note that uploads to the zboard are not necessarily announced here, however the site does have RSS feed enabled.

(sometimes I upload files to the Downloads page without an accompanying post so not all new material will be announced ... entropy rules (in this case it comes in the guise of minimalism)).

It is the home of CoreMetric evaluation and BiSim ... BiSim is unusual in that it uses both the BiNomial distribution and an empirical distribution (for the concerned it does not depend on any distribution of the trades for its predictions).

Argument rages over whether market distributions are normal, or something else ... Mandelbrot is criticized by some because he assumes variance is infinite .. others model variance of the variance (GArch etc) ... others stay true to Gauss.

So far, no one seems to have noticed that BiSim models, the extremely problematic, fat tails quite easily ...no fussing around required (I think .. haven't actually checked it yet .. as I said before .. I am working live!) ... possibly something to do with the pragmatic use of the empirical dist and also how/why fat tails occur in the market.

Nothing at the zboard is copyright .. it is all opensource or copyleft.... or whatever.

I would be chuffed if any of my ideas/terminology/ideas/methods ever appeared in print (hardcopy), or software applications and if any of it ever ends up in an academic paper I will immediately go on holiday to the beach and enjoy the moment with a class of wine, on the verandah, overlooking the sea.

It is all 100% free.

"The purpose of computing is insight, not numbers".....

... you beaut mathematician, Richard W Hamming.

http://zboard.wordpress.com/

Nothing is permanent.

**** IMPORTANT PLEASE READ ****

http://www.amibroker.com/feedback/