[amibroker] Re: Help with backtest statistics.

Hello Tom,

The definitions, for the metrics, are in Howard Bandy's QTS book.
I believe they are also in the help manual (not certain about that).

That is a good place to start.

In my experience we have to make the metrics our own, so to speak, by learning how they are calculated and then trying to understand what they are measuring (compared to each other).

So, you are trading successfully for at least a year and don't understand the statistics ... I don't know if that is good or bad or something else but it doesn't appear to be a problem for you.

Anyway, it is good that you want to keep learning and extending your knowledge, even though you are already successful.

I don't know if I can help but please clarify your question further to give me, or others, a fighting chance:

Please post the report for each system over the same time range.

What metric do you use to decide that you (your systems) are profitable ... annual % return or what?

When you say your system is "risky" what exactly do you mean ... is this a hunch or do you use a metric to quantify risk?

What do you mean when you say that both systems backtest nearly the same except for "price"? .... what is the same after a backtest? ... what price are you talking about?

**** IMPORTANT PLEASE READ ****

http://www.amibroker.com/feedback/