[amibroker] Re: jrswindle us-stock database updater

Anthony,
Maybe this will help.  This is what Jim posted on his site with ref to download of Yahoo data

 "The Stocks_XLS spreadsheet has the VBA source included in it to extract the data needed from the Yahoo financial website. It was developed on XP with Excel 2003.

For those that know VBA, run the modExtract.RunExtractor to pull the data in from the website. This uses a simple (and crude) Internet Explorer pull to open the webpage and pull in the data. It then loops through each of the Sectors, then drills down into the Industries, and lastly goes out and pulls each Company information down. Since this using plain VBA for all extraction, it is very slow. Expect 12 hours to do an extract...

Next run the modAB.AB_Start to take the data from the spreadsheet and copy it into the AmiBroker database. This takes about a minute or less.

The source is provided as is. You may modify it anyway you want and redistribute it as you see fit. There is no guarantee that it will work or of any errors in the code. Additionally, we are not related in way with AmiBroker software and cannot answer questions about it."
I am not familiar with "VBA" but that seems to be the key. Hopefully you or someone can figure out so we can update fro Yahoo.

Dick H.

**** IMPORTANT PLEASE READ ****

http://www.amibroker.com/feedback/