[amibroker] Re: Random entry & exit optimization

> So if my trade management logic is up to its job (using the best settings) it has to produce the best distribution of drawdowns and profits of backtest runs with random entries.

I disagree with that. The result is that you are optimizing your trade management for random entries. That means that if you actually trade using a non random entry, then you will be using the "wrong" trade management parameters given your *actual* entries.

For example; Optimization of your trade management using noise for entries might tell you to use a 5% trailing stop. But, optimization of your trade management using non random entries (i.e. the entries that you'll *actualy* trade) might instead call for a 8% trailing stop.

The different in performance results when applied to out of sample data will likely be substantial. I highly recommend running Walk Forward Optimization to validate your theory. Do a walk forward based on random entries, and another based on your strategy entries. See which does better.

Mike

**** IMPORTANT PLEASE READ ****

http://www.amibroker.com/feedback/