[amibroker] Re: Writing Text to Exploration

Hi,

Refer to Tomasz's comments in the user guide for AddTextColumn:

"Please note that AddTextColumn takes single string as a parameter, so you can only display text that does NOT vary on bar-by-bar basis."

What that means is that if your exploration covers multiple bars, then for each symbol, the last value will be repeated for all bars. The text will *not* vary bar by bar.

If the information your trying to output can be represented by a single character (e.g. "U" for Up and "D" for down in your example), then you can work around the AddTextColumn limitation by using AddColumn with the formatChar format as follows:

TitleTrend = ( MA( C, 5 ) > MA( C, 10 ) );
Filter = C > 0;
AddColumn( IIF( TitleTrend, Asc( "U" ), Asc( "D" ) ), "Trend", formatChar );

Mike

**** IMPORTANT PLEASE READ ****

http://www.amibroker.com/feedback/