[amibroker] Redundant 1s in the buy/sell/short arrays

After spending weeks on trying to solve this problem I have come up
with the following answer. I want to know if you  all agree agree. I
want my chart to display the  buy,sell,short,cover arrows  when 1
occurs in the corresponding array. That I can accomplish.

But I have short arrows occuring while I am in the middle of a long
trade and long arrows occuring in the middle of a short trade. I have
tried a whole bunch of solutions to this problem but at the end of the
day to no avail.

I saw that zeek/mike had and excahnge about this and so did barry.

I have tried

a) the exrem function- but that does not solve much even if i do
buy=exrem(buy,short or sell); as u suggested in an earlier email
.because then a buy can still occur once a short has occured or even i
change to cover a buy can still occur if there are 2 short trades in a
row.
b) i tried setting static vars - but can't backtest them or see them
in exploration. so that does me know good.

c) I tried using the backtester interface to plot only real trades.
that does plot real trades and there are no conflicting signals
plotted. but in real time I still get a 1 in the short array while in
the middle of a long trade.

d) i even tried the flip funciton. but it will always be reset to zero
when the code reproccesses the array bc it needs to be initialized.

Is there anyway to avoid getting a 1 in the short array while the last
signal in the buy/sell array was one in the buy array ( meaning in the
middle of a long trade).

I am starting to think there is not.
PLease correct me if I am wrong. I have seen posts on the forum with
similar  frustrations.

thanks

**** IMPORTANT PLEASE READ ****

http://www.amibroker.com/feedback/