[amibroker] Re: Concatenating a ticker to a tickerlist - format of Tickerlist ???

Sounds like you are confusing the execution of your code with the AmiBroker engine that is doing the executing.

You created a local variable in your AFL and added some additional characters to the end of that string. That has no bearing on the state of your AmiBroker installation (i.e. the definition of the watchlists) which is what is being manipulated by the AmiBroker engine.

I seem to recall reading a posting by bruce1r where he dynamically added symbols to a watchlist during the execution of a script. You can try doing a search for that. Or, you can just try yourself by experimenting with the CategoryAddSymbol.

Since you don't seem to want to include the symbol in the watchlist, you would need to remove the symbol upon evaluation of the last symbol in the list.

Mike

**** IMPORTANT PLEASE READ ****

http://www.amibroker.com/feedback/