[amibroker] Re: Small 3D gfx-like chart

Dale - I had looked at Open Office about a year ago for a different reason.  Good package, it has come a long way.  If cost were the only issue, I understand why many use it.  But IMO, the automation interface one of the main issues.

MS Office has a rich, mature COM interface which is the key to driving it from AB.  And, as importantly, there is tons of how-to help for setting up charts, tables, etc. on the web.  Lastly, for those that don't have Office, old copies of Office are available at sub-$100 usually.  With the goal of allowing the average user to get something going quickly, it seems to me to be the choice.

-- BruceR

**** IMPORTANT PLEASE READ ****

http://www.amibroker.com/feedback/