Re: [amibroker] Re: How to stop fundamental download from overwriting Fullname ???

Ed,
You could try editing the aqfn.format file by deleting "FULLNAME"
On Thu, Jun 4, 2009 at 11:09 PM, sumangalam <sumangalam@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello ED,

Is it right/possible to put Import Format as well as IMPORT Data in one file? I thought Format has to be in a separate file than the data to be imported.

I think while importing you select Format separately than the file. Can you please tell how you manage, when you have both in one file?

With Regards

Sanjiv Bansal

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Ed Hoopes" <reefbreak_sd@xxx> wrote:

> This is a work-around that I use. After loading the fundamental data, I run the following script to put the names back to what I like.
> If you haven't done these scripts:
> 1. Edit/Save the file as clear text using NotePad or whatever.
> 2. Go to FILE -> IMPORT ASCII in AB
> 3. Navigate to the file & click OPEN
> You're done.
>
> $FORMAT FULLNAME, NAME
> $AUTOADD 1
> $OVERWRITE 1
> $BREAKONERR 1
> PS DynBioTech,PBE
> FTr Biotech,FBT
> iShr Nas BioTech,IBB
> sTr BioTech,XBI
> Hldrs Biotech,BBH
>
> ETC.
>
> ReefBreak
>
> --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "gmorlosky" <gmorlosky@> wrote:
> >
> > I notice that when I download Fundamental data (Yahoo), the fullname is overwritten. The problem is that the full name for the mutual funds from Yahoo starts with the company and is usually 40 charaters long and so there is no value left in the field to understand which fund it is, as it is restricted to maybe 17 charaters.
> >
> > Fullname (as I had it)
> > FS-Biotechnology
> >
> > Fullname (after fundamental download)
> > FIDELITY SELECT S
> >
> > Is there a way to restrict this overwriting ?

**** IMPORTANT PLEASE READ ****

http://www.amibroker.com/feedback/