[amibroker] Re: Newbie here......Question about PPO

You didn't look very hard. The top one on the list when I used PPO Amibroker led me to this?. Copy this into a formula file and save it into a Custom indicators folder.

_SECTION_BEGIN("PPO");
//Further understanding of PPO indicator visit www.Stockchart.com
PPOShort = Param("PPO Short Period", 12, 1, 150, 1);
PPOLong = Param("PPO Long Period", 26, 1, 150, 1);
PPOsignal = Param("PPOsignal", 9, 1, 150, 1);
PPO = (EMA(C, PPOShort ) - EMA(C, PPOLong ))/ EMA(C, PPOLong );
PPOS = (EMA(ppo, PPOsignal  ));
Val=ppo-PPOS ;
Plot( PPO , "ppo", colorGreen, styleLine| styleThick  );
Plot ( PPOS ,"PPO Signal",  colorOrange, styleLine| styleThick   );
dynamic_color = IIf( Val> 0, colorGreen, colorRed );
Plot( Val, "PPO Histogram", dynamic_color, styleHistogram | styleThick  );
_SECTION_END();

Using PPO Indicator had many hits and led me to the formula at
http://www.investopedia.com/terms/p/ppo.asp

Usually if you want a comman indicator that is not in the shipped library it is in the AmiBroker site in the AFL library. If not and  you can find the formula just write your own formula and add it to your formulas folder.

Barry

**** IMPORTANT PLEASE READ ****

http://www.amibroker.com/feedback/