Re: [amibroker] Using Equity to Compute Position Size

Hi Keith,

Yeah, I saw that too and will try it out in some code, but my main malfunction is
finding a reliable Equity for determining the position size. when the EQUITY is used
prior to the PositionSize, It becomes bizzare. After it is OK. Problem is, I need to access it before,
or at least within the PositionSize line for the calculation.
Like here:

MinContracts=2;//Optimize("Min Contracts",1,1,5,1);
MaxContracts=
10;//Optimize("Max Contracts",20,5,25,1);

Margin=
MarginDeposit
;
PctEq=PctEq/
100
;
PositionSize
= Min( MaxContracts * Margin , Max( PctEq * Equity() , MinContracts * Margin ));
The old positionsize statement works fine, but I'll probably convert to the new one.
Who knows, maybe some internal register for the Equity will work better with the new SetPositionSize.

After trying all the variations of Equity I could think of to work, I figured that I'll have to code
my own routine to keep track of the Equity for use in the PositionSize determination.

Thanks,
-CS