Re: [amibroker] Re: different values in plot and interpretation window

Wow, I am doing something crazy. I just noticed that after I drop that code in, there are 2 (Close) in the parameter drop down box. Can anyone explain what I am doing wrong? Thanks, James

From: James <jamesmemphis@xxxxxxxxx>
To: amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Tuesday, May 26, 2009 6:39:53 PM
Subject: Re: [amibroker] Re: different values in plot and interpretation window

This occurred to me, but that would not explain why it works as an indicator. Those variables remain constant when the code is used standalone.

There is more going on here than I understand or I am making an error. Try this one and see if anyone has an explanation. Following is code for a daily average plotted on an intraday chart, I am looking at a 30 min ES chart. When you first drop this code on to a 30 min ES chart, notice where the average is, then change the price parameter from close to average. The average will move. Then set the price parameter back to close. It will move again but not back to where it was originally. I believe, that when first dropped onto the chart it is looking at the 30 minute closes. Once the parameter is changed it is looking at previous daily closes. I determined this by reducing the average to 2 to simplify the math.
I am doing somthing wrong, but I don't know what. Code for daily average plotted on a shorter duration chart:

SetFormulaName ("Daily Expanded MA");
//Daily moving average plotted on shorter duration charts

TimeFrameSet( inDaily
);

P =
ParamField("Price field",-1
);
Periods =
Param("Periods", 15, 2, 300, 1, 10
);
DailyMa =
MA
(P,Periods);

TimeFrameRestore
();

eDailyMA =
TimeFrameExpand( DailyMA, inDaily); // expand for display

Plot( eDailyMA, "Daily Average", ParamColor( "Color", colorCycle ), ParamStyle("Style") );