[amibroker] Re: Trailing Stop S & C tips 1-2008

Hello all

Further to my post - the issue of the traling stop not working as the author in S & C article intended is that TJ's solution does not take into consideration the date (ie in the code below: dt = ParamDate("Date of the trend", "2008-11-20" ); " & intial stop (Value3 = Param("Initial Stop", 19, 0, 1e6 ); " to calculate the start of the TL and achor it there (trailing stop)then plot from there on.

It seems that by overlooking that point the plot starts at the start of the array ignoring input data. What I think is required to fix that issue is some way of extracting the array element index [i] on the start date (dt[i] == input date and intializing TL with intial stop ie TL[i] =value3;

I cannot see any way of extracting the [i].

Anyone have thoughts on how this can be fixed or a better way of approaching the solution.

I have a comparison with the indicator applied in Metastock with Amibroker screenshots on the same stock - if I can workout how to add attachments to this post for anyone interested.

Any input pointing me in some drection to a solution is much appreciated.

Thanks
Ed

**** IMPORTANT PLEASE READ ****

http://www.amibroker.com/feedback/