[amibroker] Re: TJ - WishList - bar charts in cells of Explore

Bummer. I'm getting rounding errors at 9 digits so that my 1's start turning into other values.

It might be nice to see support for this by introducing a new format constant to the AddColumn function and doing the number of characters calculation internally. The output could then be done using '|' instead of '1'.

e.g.

AddColumn(ARRAY, Name, formatBarGraph);

Ideally, negative values would be accepted too such that the valid range is -100..+100, centered at zero. We could then combine it with some color control (e.g. red negative values, green positive values) to get a nice looking bar chart column.

Mike

--- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Mike" <sfclimbers@xxx> wrote:

> I suspect that the more common request would be to have the function return an array for bar by bar results.
>
> Based on that assumption, the problem with coding our own Rept function is that we cannot add text, that changes bar by bar, to an exploration.
>
> In order to get an Exploration to give bar by bar output comparable to the original graph we could use some creative coding and generate a graph using the numerical values 1, 11, 111, etc.
>
> In the following example it is assumed that:
>
> - The values to be plotted have all been normalized to be within the range 0..100
> - Floating point precision is limited to 16 characters and thus 100% can at best be represented by 16 bars. This means that each '1' of the bar graph represents 100/16 = 6.25%.
>
> The approach would then be to use powers of 10 to add 1's to the graph column and a format string of 16.0 to truncate any remaining decimal places.
>
> In this example, RSI is used since it is already normalized as per the first assumption.
>
> Pattern = 0.1111111111111111;
> Exponent = floor( RSI() / ( 100 / 16 ) );
> Graph = Pattern * ( 10 ^ Exponent );
>
> Filter = 1;
> AddColumn( RSI(), "RSI" );
> AddColumn( Exponent, "Exponent" );
> AddColumn( Graph, "Graph", 16.0 );
>
> Last thing to do would be to try and get rid of the commas in the graph.
>
> Mike
>
> --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Tomasz Janeczko" groups@ wrote:
> >
> > Hello,
> >
> > You can implement it on your own:
> >
> > function Rept( string, howmany )
> > {
> > result = "";
> > for( i = 0; i < howmany; i++ ) result += string;
> > return result;
> > }
> >

> > Best regards,
> > Tomasz Janeczko