Re: [amibroker] Re: AFL Studies

AF,

Here is another approach that I have been thinking about (random
thoughts):

1.  Create your current study using the built-in study drawing tools
to define points or lines.
2.  Have one study ID for each type of study or point you want to
draw.  You can keep the current study lines on chart.
3.  Draw your custom study function on chart based on the start/end
points of the study ID.
4.  On a param trigger or chart button, collect the current study
points of price/time list to a file for permanent storage.
5.  Extend the line as far as desired in bars from the starting point
or extension from start and end points.

Erasing old studies in the list without erasing all the studies in the
file may not be as easy.
Each study could be its own file, with temp storage in static
variables for speed -- a method I currently use.
Studies could be numbered and noted on the chart so it would be easy
to reference their number to delete them from a param trigger.

Best regards,
Dennis

PS. Please top post to make the threads readable in emails.

On May 19, 2009, at 3:23 AM, af_1000000 wrote:
> Thanks for a prompt replay. Sorry TJ, but your response is a semi-
> constructive one. I mentioned in my original posting that I do NOT
> want to use GFX functionality for several reasons:
>
> 1. It would be nice to save AFL study the same way as any other
> studies for future references (if I shut down AB and open it again
> tomorrow or the day after tomorrow the study still should be
> available  - the anchor points never change unless they are adjusted
> by the user).
> 2. If points anchors: A,B,C (mentioned in the original example) are
> off the chart tomorrow (e.g. intra chart) , but still within loaded
> bars I should be able to see the result of the study. For that
> reason I would use  LineArray()to plot any lines or other polygon
> type shapes.
>
> It seems that the project is doable. To accomplish the task the
> script would have to:
>
> 1. Collect three mouse clicks (waiting every time for a chart
> refresh - quite a difference from collecting values for other
> parameters).
> 2. Store click coordinates in the external file (ASCII) for future
> references using some kind of naming convention, so the file could
> be found later on.
> 3. Every time a symbol is selected the script would have to check if
> there are any studies (external files) available with the number of
> coordinates required (equal to number of clicks handled by this
> particular script). If studies are not available should it wait to
> gather them ??? (even if studies for that symbol are not needed).
> Well, the problem with templates, Chart_Ids is another story better
> left for future considerations.
>
> It should be obvious that the method described above is quite
> primitive and rather rude. I hope that I am wrong and something
> better exists.
> Logically, AFL study should not differ from any other PARAM
> function. PARAM functions accept values from users (either entry or
> selection from the list) and remember them for any current or future
> executions).
> What is the difference between Length = Param("Len",5) which stores
> the length equal to 5 and e.g. Clicks = ParamClick(3)? (which could
> gather three mouse clicks and store cliks coordinates). To get
> individual coordinates: e.g. Click_1_X = GetX(Clicks[1]),Click_1_Y =
> GetY(Clicks[1]), ... and so on. It is up to the script to interpret
> parameter values as long as they are available.
>
> I realize that such functionality does not exist in AB, but maybe
> there is something better than I described earlier ?
>
> AF
> --- In amibroker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Tomasz Janeczko" <groups@xxx>
> wrote:
>>
>> All this is possible using these 3 building blocks:

> [...]
>>> 2. Connect A and C and plot a parallel line through B.
>>> 3. Plot parallel lines to AC in 1.27, 1.68, 2.68, .... distance
>>> between AC and parallel line trough B. Lines will be below or
>>> above B depending on whether B is above or below AC.
>>> 4. Connect B and C.
>>> 5. Plot parallel lines to the right of A in 0.32, 0.5, 0.68, 0.72,

**** IMPORTANT PLEASE READ ****

http://www.amibroker.com/feedback/