Re: [amibroker] Re: Creating composites NOT in IndusrtyID 0 by default?

Hello,

Recently I too was interested in the same question....and presented it to support...I am including the entire
conversation...

Anthony

Here is a response from Support:

/////Support Response
Hello,

No - that's not correct. Please re-read my response. The assignment of the composite ticker is independent from the data it's calculated from.
When a composite ticker is created it's added to:
- industry 0
- Market 253
- Group 253*
(* provided that you use atcFlagCompositeGroup  http://www.amibroker.com/f?addtocomposite)

The name of the composite depends on the scan. I. e. as you scan your tickers - it looks the following:
- scan ticker1
- calculate the formula
- read the industry name (e.g. XXXX)
- write your caclulations to composite ticker named ~INDXXX (new composite gets created)
- go to the next ticker

- scan ticker2
- calculate the formula
- read the industry name (e.g. YYYY)
- write your caclulations to composite ticker named ~INDYYY
- go to the next ticker

- scan ticker3
- calculate the formula
- read the industry name (e.g. XXXX again)
- write (add) your caclulations to composite ticker named ~INDXXX
- go to the next ticker

and so on

However - that does not reassign ~INDXXX ticker - the composite will stay in default category, where each new industry ticker goes (market253, group253, Industry0) unless you reassign it yourself (either manually or with CategoryAddSymbol function).

Best regards

Marcin Gorzynski
Amibroker.com Technical Support