Re: [amibroker] Re: Performance of anti virus programs

Hi Ronald,

I have had no experience with Avast, AVG is a different
product.

However your example looks like it probably does what you
want.

Without having experience with the product I would suggest
that the only sure way to find out is to run the scan twice, once
without the exclusion, and once with, and see if the directory
is actually scanned or not. This might be logged somewhere,
or you might have to watch the screen run. I know it's a drag
but you should only have to check once.

If you do exclude any files from frequent scans, you should
probably run an exhaustive scan once a week or so just to
be safe.

Robert Z