Re: [amibroker] TD Sequential again...

If you are going to get into the DeMark's sequential stuff (and more) you might find that the information available on the net is not super clear, resulting in more head scratching than you would like.  However, there is a new book that does a fairly good job of breaking DeMark's indicators down into programmable steps which I think you might find quite helpful.

----- Original Message -----
Sent: May 10, 2009 4:22 AM
Subject: Re: [amibroker] TD Sequential again...

hi,

I am trying to code it right now and will post maybe next week. However, if I look at the chart that you add then this does not follow the Demark rules as I understand them. Found his book somewhere on the net and he explains 3 phases to this system, the setup phase, the intersection phase and the countdown phase. The intersection phase I omit for now since he says that it is of least importance and was actually designed to avoid stocks that are going bankrupt. He explains that in these modern markets this hardly occurs. Not sure what markets he is looking at but what I am seeing now is that management fills their pockets as soon as possible and gives f...all if the company goes belly up, just seek bankruptcy protection and start and new listed company, that's the way you make money in this modern age.

This aside, when the setup phase is finished only then the countdown phase starts, not earlier. In the chart you show the countdown phase already starts when the setup phase starts. In charts Demark provides in his book you never see the numbers of the setup phase plotted at the same bar as the countdown phase. If I am wrong please explain the rules.

As far as I got programming this I am not impressed by the countdown phase. Basicly after the setup phase you still have to wait at least 13 bars before you get confirmation that you can buy. I think the setup phase itself gives pretty nice signals, countdown seems to make things worse at the first glance.

below some code Dimitris coded few years back. It is basicly the setup phase of the TD sequental system only it is generalized (not limited to 9 consecutive events), rgds, Ed

// Generalised Sequential buy/sell signals
SetChartOptions(0, chartShowDates);
GraphXSpace = 5;
Plot(C,"C",colorWhite,64);Title=Name()+",";

for(x=8;x<25;x++)

 b2=Sum(C<Ref(C,-4),x) == x;
 Buy=b2==0 AND Ref(b2,-1) AND dma1 > 0;
 //PlotShapes((shapeHollowSmallCircle)*b2,x);
 PlotShapes(shapeUpArrow*Buy,colorWhite,0,C,0 );
 Title=Title+WriteIf(b2,"b["+WriteVal(x,1.0)+"]","");
}

for(x=8;x<25;x++)

 s2=Sum(C>Ref(C,-4),x) == x;
 Sell=s2==0 AND Ref(s2,-1) AND dma1 < 0;
 //PlotShapes((shapeHollowSmallCircle+shapePositionAbove)*s2,x);
 PlotShapes(shapeDownArrow*Sell,colorYellow,0,C,0 );
 Title=Title+WriteIf(s2,"s["+WriteVal(x,1.0)+"]","");
}