[amibroker] Re: testing multiple systems simultaneously

Hi Angelo,

I didn't find the link that relevant..... I don't think it got to the heart of the matter.

I think it is a very complex issue and everyone has a different perception of the 'solution' i.e. the way they want to implement portfolio management.

I think Howard's topic in Portfolio Construction goes a long way to defining the scope and also offers some hope for implementation (he is  including the subject in his third book and it may include code and/or a mini application?)

>snip< For the rest, I concur with most of what Paolo is saying (especially important to me are his two sentences above).... >snip<

Refer to my response to Paolo's original comment.

>snip<I'm sure there's some misunderstanding among the people in this thread, created because Internet is a wonderful mean to talk to people everywhere in the world but sometimes it's really impossible to reproduce the same efficacy on  an eye-on-eye discussion.>snip<

Of course, but still it is worth the effort and it is helping me to shape my 'trading philosophy" so thanks for your participation.... you know everything is talk, talk, talk while it is 'in the committee phase".

>snip< Only?. this discussion has evolved on  the possibility to get Tomasz think if it's possible/economically efficient for him  to get a "built in solution" ?.. also because I know  "low level CBT solutions" are not accessible to my present knowledge ?. and will not be in a not too distant future neither.>snip<

It definitely will not be possible for him to implement something that satisfies everyone e.g. I think I will have to create my own private solution because my needs are to specific and I am too cranky to struggle with generic solutions that half meet my needs.

You know I am happy to share my solutions if they are up to a reasonable standard and of interest to others but how many want to use my solutions e.g. 9000 people in the forum, a few hundred looked at my Vince.xls file and how many then read it carefully ... 20?

I am not complaining, just pointing out the real world that Tomasz develops in ... even if I designed the perfect portfolio analyzer and gave the design to Tomasz for free could he or would he implement it for 20 people?

At a guess I think Howard's discussion will lead towards a semi-official AB version of PortfolioManagement i.e. if any model has a chance for inclusion in AB it will be his.

**** IMPORTANT PLEASE READ ****

http://www.amibroker.com/feedback/