Re: [amibroker] Re: AB Crashes when switching symbols

Always read the RELEASE NOTES.
LARGE_ADDRESS_AWARE was implemented year ago or so (v.5.17)

As to "too risky" - I was running 3GB switch for years without problem

My boot.ini looks as follows:

[boot loader]
timeout=30
[operating systems]
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(2)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition" /fastdetect /NoExecute=OptIn
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(2)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition 3GB" /fastdetect /NoExecute=OptIn /3GB /numproc=2
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Windows XP Professional x64 Edition" /noexecute=optin /fastdetect
and I never had any problem, plus I can switch between /3G or not in the boot menu.

As for "windows reinstall" - you really should start using Acronis TrueImage - make a backup and no matter
what you can restore full working windows in a matter of minutes.

Best regards,
Tomasz Janeczko
amibroker.com