Re: [amibroker] AFL for Buy statement

Hi Rick,

try this

http://amibroker.net/guide/afl/afl_view.php?name=barssince

buy = barssince( barssince( macd() < 0 ) == 5)

try to read user forum and go through
- all afl functions http://amibroker.net/guide/afl/afl_index.php?m=2
- sample AFL system http://www.amibroker.com/library/formula.php?id=547

This would give you some ideas.  And answer lots of you questions.

Radek

On Fri, May 8, 2009 at 9:16 AM, Rick <rickbw@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

As a new user, can someone help me understand how to set up a buy signal when a certain condition occurs on several consecutive days?

I would like to create a buy signal when (as example) the macd is above 0 for the last 5 days.

I know that the correct afl for when macd is above 0 for the last bar =

buy = cross( macd(), 0 );

but how do I create the same buy afl for the last 5 days?

also if I want to add another condition (but for a different set of days) would I add an "AND" or would I need another afl line?

Thanks for any help provided.

**** IMPORTANT PLEASE READ ****

http://www.amibroker.com/feedback/