Re: [amibroker] AB Crashes when switching symbols

You simply forgot that Windows 32 bit limits applicaiton space to 2GB.
It does NOT matter how much you have RAM or page file,
as long as you run 32 bit app / windows , the application addressable space is 2GB
(or 3GB if running /3G switch in boot.ini)

There is simply NOT enough memory.

1.25GB is size ON DISK.

In memory you need way MORE because you need space not only for data,
but also for AFL arrays.

Not to mention that Windows usually DOES NOT have that much
CONTIGUOUS memory available.

Use 64 BIT WINDOWS and 64 BIT VERSION of AmiBroker instead

or ... reduce amount of data if you want to use 32 bit win/app.

By the way, this:
In-memory cache size (max. symbols):  20000
is completely over the roof.

Set it to 11 if you want to use very long intraday histories, then AmiBroker
will flush unused symbols out of RAM.

And ALWAYS the latest (i.e. 5.25) as it uses less memory.

Best regards,
Tomasz Janeczko
amibroker.com