[amibroker] Re: testing multiple systems simultaneously

First of all I'd like to say this discussion is very interesting and a key point according to me.

Secondly I do believe the issue is much easier than what many are suggesting.
Multiple Systems testing should be considered with the same logic that Portfolio backtesting is using with underlying securities.
Therefore I believe a new AB feature would be required. This feature should ask the user which AFL systems combine and then the user can simply use standard Portfolio functions like:
-PositionSize (this would take care of Sizing each position and could be tied up to each single system)
-PositionScore (this would take care of multiple signals coming from different systems)
-MaxOpenPositions (to avoid having several open positions due to different systems giving a signal at the same time)

Furthermore I fully agree with ang_60 that when you use just "one equity pool", you don't assigne X% of capital to system A and Y% of capital to System B: so, there's no need to rebalance anything.

I cannot imagine anything easier than that and there wouldn't be any need to rebalance actually.

paolo

**** IMPORTANT PLEASE READ ****

http://www.amibroker.com/feedback/